Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Physician's Assistant $332

If I take one more temperature I may have to administer CPR to myself.
The numbers eventually start swimming in your head, was her last one 101.7 or 100.9?
Did I leave that thermometer under her arm long enough?
Do her eyes look glassy?
What time did I give tylenol last?
Did that cough sound phlegmy or dry?
Is she lethargic or just in the mood to read?

It literally distracts you all day and makes you pretty much a total crazy person when your child is sick. You spend the majority of your days thinking that you are a sane and rational parent who deals with everything in a calm logical way and then a temperature hits three digits and all sanity goes out the window!

But I'm taking her to the doctor tomorrow morning, so after one more sleepless night worrying about her and checking on her every 17 minutes I will have official confirmation that she has a cold and all I can do is continue on the path of tylenol and obsessive temperature taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment